NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of California who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry.
One (1) prize will be awarded. Sweepstakes begins on 09/04/2023 at 12:01 a.m. PST and ends on 09/15/2023 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Prize package is only valid a t Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights for select nights September 7 through October 31, 2023 .
Provide, at no cost to Sponsor, the following prize package(s) (the “Prize Package(s)”): There will be a total of Twelve (12) Prize Packages awarded. Each winner will receive a Prize Package containing Two (2) 1-night General Admission tickets to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood located in Universal City, California. Halloween Horror Nights is a separately ticketed event which runs from 7pm – 2am (closing times may vary) on select nights from September 7, 2023 through October 31, 2023. Each Prize Package has an approximate Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of One Hundred and Ninety-Eight and 00/100 Dollars ($198.00) (actual value may vary depending on actual park visit date). The 1-night General Admission tickets will be delivered by USH to Sponsor in the form of electronic tickets for distribution to each winner. The 1-night General Admission tickets will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
Ticket valid for one (1) General Admission to Halloween Horror Nights event (valid on winner’s selected date only. Daytime admission to the Park is not included. Access to SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ during Halloween Horror Nights event is not included. Event begins at 7:00 p.m., subject to change. Check the UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/Halloween website prior to their arrival. Ticket does not include early event access. No outside food or beverages allowed. Event occurs rain or shine. No rain checks or returns. Halloween Horror Nights is a separately ticketed event. No costumes, costume masks or face paint allowed unless specified for select nights. Guidelines will be enforced. All themed outfits are subject to Universal Studios Hollywood’s final approval. This event may be too intense for young children and is not recommended for children under the age of 13. Universal Studios Hollywood’s Code of Conduct will be strictly enforced. Parking not included. Ticket is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Ticket may not be altered, copied, transferred or resold. Ticket is only valid for the person named on it. Ticket cannot be combined with other offers, separately ticketed events, discounts, or sightseeing tours. Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. By accepting admission, you assume all inherent risks and agree to release Universal and its affiliates from liability for illness (including communicable / infectious diseases), loss, injury, or damage related to your purchase or visit. Universal reserves the right to revoke the license granted by the ticket. Park, rides/shows/attractions, haunted houses, entertainment, experience details and/or access to event may be restricted or unavailable due to capacity/closures/other factors and benefits/restrictions are subject to change without notice. Valid at Universal Studios Hollywood, located in Los Angeles, California.
WARNING: EVENT MAY BE TOO INTENSE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN AND IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. NO COSTUMES OR COSTUME MASKS ALLOWED.
NOTE: The Prize Package must be used by October 31, 2023 or prize will be forfeited. Each winner MUST register the General Admission tickets and select an available date before coming to the Halloween Horror Nights event. Registration capacity is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are a limited number of tickets on any given night and the event may sell out. If winner is unable to fulfill prize during time period, winner forfeits the prize package. Blackout dates or other restrictions may apply. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner only and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. Winner must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Prize Packages are non-transferable and have no cash value. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. All unclaimed and/or unused prize packages, will remain the property of USH and may not be used as sales or trade incentive for employees of Sponsor and may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner, nor used by Sponsor, its agencies or clients. All details of the Prize Packages will be determined by USH in its sole discretion and USH reserves the right to substitute a similar prize or prize element of comparable value. Tickets are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Universal Studios winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
All tickets are valid during normal event operating hours only. Operating hours and availability of mazes, attractions and shows are subject to change without notice. USH reserves the right to change the name of all tickets. Unless specifically indicated otherwise, all tickets specifically exclude admission to special or separately ticketed “hard ticket” entertainment events at the theme park or within any of the Universal CityWalk venues.
- Official Rules.
- Sponsor shall be solely responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of the official rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”) pertaining to this Program and for ensuring that the terms and provisions included in this Agreement are fully and accurately represented in the Official Rules. USH shall have no responsibility to review and approve the Official Rules; however, if requested by USH, Sponsor shall provide to USH a copy of the Official Rules for review and approval prior to the start date of the Program or prior to any required registration, licensing and/or bonding.
- As between Sponsor and USH, in the event there is a conflict between what is contained in the Official Rules and what is contained in this Agreement, this Agreement will apply.
- Sponsor shall include the following in the Official Rules:
- A full and accurate prize description as approved by USH.
- The Prize Terms and Conditions as specified in Paragraph I.A.
- The following statements:
- Universal City Studios LLC d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood is a prize provider only in this promotion; is not a sponsor of this promotion; and is not responsible for the administration of the promotion, the collection of the entries or the selection of any winner. Any disputes, claims, and causes of action against Universal Studios Hollywood arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in any portion of the prize involving Universal Studios Hollywood shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Los Angeles, California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
- In connection with any visit to Universal Studios Hollywood, please be advised that Sponsor’s and Universal’s policies, CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any Universal destination. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor and Universal cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
By accepting the Prize, winner, on behalf of him or herself and on behalf of any individuals who use the Prize, expressly assumes the risk that during use of the Prize they may be exposed to COVID-19, the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, or other communicable and/or infectious diseases. Winner and Guests, if any, expressly understand that these risks include contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases and the associated dangers, medical complications and physical and mental injuries, both foreseen and unforeseen, that may result from contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases.
- The State of California strongly recommends that all guests be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, obtain a negative COVID-19 test result prior to visiting, or wear a face covering.* Guests who are not fully vaccinated should wear a face covering during their visit.
*See current CDPH Guidance for Fully Vaccinated Persons <hyperlink: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-19-Public-Health-Recommendations-for-Fully-Vaccinated-People.aspx> regarding full vaccination. PCR or antigen test should be conducted within 72 hours before your visit.
- All parts of the Prize selected are subject to availability and blackout dates, and subject to change without written notice or warning. Should an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics and the spread of infectious diseases, including without limitation COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization and any of the strains, variants or mutations thereof), and any related governmental or judicial actions taken in connection with, or as a response to, any such event, or any other event beyond the reasonable control of a party, whether or not existing, known, foreseen or foreseeable at the time this Sweepstakes occurs, render the redemption or fulfilment of some or all of the Prize delayed, hindered, adversely affected, impracticable, or impossible, Universal Studios Hollywood in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to evaluate and make modifications to the redemption and fulfilment processes and timelines for the Prize or portion of the Prize for which Universal Studios Hollywood is responsible for, which may include but is not limited to providing additional time for redemption and/ or fulfilment. Should the Prize become unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered.